National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) was established in 1994 as an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission (UGC) with its HeadQuarter in Bengaluru. The mandate of NAAC as reflected in its vision statement is in making quality assurance an integral part of the functioning of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). Task of NAAC is performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation of Universities and Colleges UGC 2(f) & 12B as well as non 2(f) & 12B. Accreditation refers to the certification given by NAAC which is valid for a period of five years. The prime agenda is to Assess and Accredit Institutions of higher learning with an objective of helping them to work continuously to improve the quality of education.
IQAC is functional in the Vallabh Government College since 2014 with an objective
to develop a conscious and consistent system through catalytic action to improve the
academic and administrative performance of the institution.
Goal of IQAC
To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various
academic and administrative activities.
- Facilitating the creation of learner-centric environment for quality education.
- Active Participation of Students as the major Stakeholders.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on
quality-related institutional processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related
- Documentation of the various programmes /activities of the HEI, leading to quality
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database for the purpose of
maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Activities and support from the Alumni Association.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to
NAAC based on the quality parameters.