Vallabh Government College Mandi is committed to provide an environment that
promotes diversity and respects everyone regardless of colour, caste, gender, religious belief or
culture. While maintaining diversity of all kinds, it also commits to ensure protection of
everyone and acts as per the mandates of the constitution of India in such matters in letter and
in spirit. In order to maintain such an atmosphere, the SC/ST cell is responsible for sensitizing
the campus community about the importance of diversity.
Objectives of the cell
- To counsel and guide SC/ST students studying at college on various issues and to help them
manage academic needs.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all SC/ST students feel safe and secure
- To provide prompt counseling for any grievances arising on account of any untoward incident
towards SC/ST students inside the campus.
- To provide a mechanism to redress the grievances of SC/ST students, if any
- To implement the reservation policy for SC/ST students in the college, and adhere to the
guidelines of the UGC and Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- To provide support to SC/ST students on aspects of education, training and employment, as
- To encourage and counsel SC/ST students to apply for other educational pursuits such as
various national scholarships, opportunities for higher studies
- To deal with the representations received from SC and ST candidates/students regarding their
|SC/ST/OBC cell members for Session 2022-23|
||Dr. Poonam Sharma, Associate Professor
|2.||Dr. Sanjay Sharma, Associate Professor||Member|
|3.||Ms. Shishu Bala, Associate Professor||Member|
|4.||Dr. Harish Kumar, Associate Professor||Member|
|5.||Dr. Chaman lal, Assistant Professor||Member|