Library is the most attractive and educative place in the campus of an institution which supports reading and literacy among students & the community. It forms the habit and tradition of reading among students. Vallabh Mahavidyalaya library is one of the oldest libraries, well equipped with modern facilities and resources consisting books, journals, magazines, online database. It has rich collection of reference books & text books in the fields of Science, Commerce and Humanities.
College is member of the Project National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST), being jointly executed by the UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium, INFLIBNET Centre and the INDEST-AICTE Consortium, IIT Delhi. This project provides free access to a collection of more than 31,35,000+ full text e-books and more than 6000+ e-journals on all the subjects to students, researchers and faculty members. Many new academic e-resources are added to this facility nearly every month. Full text e-books can also be downloaded or printed directly from the publisher’s website under this project. The students desirous of using this facility are directed to contact Librarian/Assistant Librarian along with their e-mail IDs. Eleven computers with Internet access and N-List facility have already been installed in the college library for the benefit of the students.
All the students are directed to adhere to the following library rules strictly;
- All the students on the rolls of the College shall be eligible to become members of the College Library.
- Every student is entitled to draw two books for reading at home for a period of 15 days from the library.
- The borrower shall be solely responsible for the safety/preservation of the books drawn by him/her.
- A fine of Re. 1/- per day per book will be charged beyond due date of submission of the book from the defaulter students.
- In case a book is found mutilated, torn, defaced or misplaced the actual cost of the book plus 20% of the original cost will be charged from such defaulter student.
- Reference books are to be consulted in library only after obtaining permission from the Librarian.
- The College also operates a books bank from which text books are loaned to poor students of all categories on security basis, (i.e. actual cost plus 20% and maintenance charge of Rs. 2/- per book). Students can get their library security refunded within one year after leaving the College; otherwise the security will stand forfeited.
The college library have independent double story building with CCTV surveillance having three reading halls, one reference section, one digital library room with seating capacity of more than 400 students.
N-LIST (6000+Journals, 1, 64,300+ eBooks and 6, 00,000 eBooks through NDL)