ADMISSION PROCESS FOR UG & PG CLASSES
Eligibility Conditions :
A student will be eligible for admission to
BA/BSc/BCom 1st Year, if he/she has passed the
Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination (Academic
Stream) conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Board
of School Education or an examination accepted as
equivalent thereto by the various bodies of
Himachal Pradesh University.
- Provided that the candidates who have passed
the qualifying examination with science stream
shall be given preference in admission to B.Sc.
- Provided that the candidates who have passed
the qualifying examination with commerce
stream shall be given preference in admission to
Admission Procedure :
- Visit college website www.vgcmandi.co.in and click the online admission link to open.
- Read all the guidelines and eligibility given in the college prospectus available on the website.
- Register yourself by clicking ‘NEW REGISTRATION’ tab on the admission portal and note down ID and password generated after registration. (Provide your own working mobile No. and e-mail id only)
- Login into your account and fill the admission form.
- Upload your photo as well as other documents required. (Keep the soft copy of document ready with size below 200 kb). Upload valid and correct documents only, otherwise your form will be REJECTED.
- Submit the form, pay registration/prospectus fee of Rs. 50/- and download the PDF of the form for future reference.
- After approval from the college admission committee, you will receive an email of approval, then pay fee online by clicking the tab ‘PAY FEE’.
Important Note :
- Please check your mail regularly for any update from college regarding correction/acceptance of admission form.
- Initially all admission shall be provisional and subject to the final approval by HPU Shimla or SPU Mandi.
- Rules of admission are subject to change as per HPU Shimla or SPU Mandi notifications issued from time to time.
- Students seeking admission in BA/BSc/BCom 2nd and 3rd year will be admitted on Roll-On basis without waiting for the previous Term End Examination (TEE) result.
- No admission will be granted after the last date of admission.
- As per the direction of the Hon'ble High Court any candidate with compartment in +2 will not be eligible for seeking admission in undergraduate courses.
NOTE : As per the direction of the Hon'ble High
Court any candidate with compartment in 10+2 will
not be eligible for seeking admission in undergraduate courses.
Documents Required at the Time of Admission
- Three passport size photographs.
- Matriculation certificate for Date of Birth.
- 10+2 Mark sheet.
- Migration Certificate in original (for students who
have passed their 10+2 from any other
Board/University other than HP).
- All girl candidates have to submit a copy of Bonafide
Himachali Certificate to avail the benefit of
relaxation from tuition fee as per government
notification number EDN-H (8) 3(7) 1/76 dated
- 40% disability certificate, sports/cultural quota and
category certificate in case of students seeking
admission against these seats.
- Original character certificate from Head of the
institution last attended in case of a student
seeking admission to the 1st year of any course.
- For seat against single girl child, an affidavit of
single girl child from parents is to be submitted
with the form.
- x) Any gap of one year or more in the academic career
(after 10+2) of an applicant must be supported by
documentary evidence /undertaking as the proof
of his/her activities during the period of gap.
- Income certificate for 10% economically
backward general category quota.
NOTE : The Character certificate must not have been
issued more than six months prior to the date of
admission. In case a student who has discontinued
his/her studies for one or more years, the character
certificate, from the institution last attended, must be
supplemented by another character certificate
obtained from gazette class-I officer or the panchayat
pradhan of the village.
Refusal of Admission :
- Failed/compartment candidate in 10+2 will not be
eligible for seeking admission in under graduate
- In spite of the eligibility for admission, the Principal
can refuse admission if the conduct of the student
has not been up to the mark during the previous
- The Principal reserves the right to disallow or
cancel any admission.
Age Limit :
Maximum age limit for admission to BA/BSc/BCom
course is 23 years for the boys of general category, 25
years for girls of general category and 26 years for
SC/ST category (both boys and girls) as on 1st July of
the year concerned. The Vice-Chancellor may permit
age relaxation up to a maximum of three months.
Mode of Selection :
The admission to BA/BSc/BCom course will be made
purely on the basis of merit of the previous qualifying
Reservation of Seats :
15%, 7.5%, 5% and 10% of the seats shall be
reserved for SC, ST, physically disable and
economically backward general category candidates
respectively as per Himachal Pradesh University
roaster norms. This reservation policy will be
applicable to those who have passed their qualifying
examination from Himachal Pradesh Board of
School Education or from any other school located
within the territorial Jurisdiction of Himachal Pradesh
or bonafide of Himachal Pradesh. One Seat will be
reserved for single girl child.
NOTE : As per the direction of the Hon'ble High Court,
vacant reserved seats meant for SC and ST &
economically backward general categories in
educational institutes, which remain unfilled will be
thereafter offered and filled from amongst eligible
candidates from open category on the basis of merit.