RTI - INFORMATION HANDBOOK Under Right to Information Act 2005
The particulars of the organizations
||Name of the Organization
||Vallabh Govt. College Mandi H.P.
||Postal Address of the Organization
||Opposite ISBT, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh 175001
||Approval & Affiliation
||Affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
||Dr. Y. P. Sharma
Holidays : The college shall remain closed Sundays and Public Holidays as declared by the Himachal Pradesh University & Government of Himachal Pradesh.
Courses Offered :
- Master of Arts in English, Hindi, Political Science, Economics, Mathematics.
- Master of Science in Mathematics.
- Master of Commerce (M.Com).
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Bachelor of Vocational Courses (B. Voc.) in Hospitality & Tourism Management.
- Bachelor of Vocational Courses (B. Voc.) in Retail Management.
Brief History and Background
Vallabh Government College Mandi is named after Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, the ‘Iron Man’, the architect of modern India, the first Home Minister of India and also the founder of the college. Established in 1948 and being the first college of erstwhile Himachal Pradesh, the college has to its credit the shaping of gentry and businessmen. The college has been instrumental in producing politicians, doctors, engineers, public representatives, social workers, judges, administrators, media and defence personnel. Now it is among the best colleges of the state dedicated to the cause of learning. The college has completed its glorious seven decades. Over the last seventy five years of its illustrious existence, VGC, as the college is popularly referred to, has endeavoured to harmonise the streams of tradition and modernity in its functioning. The college has registered a tremendous growth in enrolment over the years. Starting with 70 students on its roll in 1948, the number has increased to almost 7000 in the current academic session. The college has always been sensitive to the needs of the changing times. It took lead in starting commerce classes in 1965 and evening classes in 1966. In the year 1984, it became a post-graduate institution. At present PG courses in English, Economics, Hindi, Political Science, Mathematics and Commerce are being offered. The college offers UG courses in the streams of Arts, Science, Commerce, Computer Application, Management and Education. The following professional courses under self-financing scheme were introduced: BBA in 1996, BCA in 2001, B.Ed. in 2005, PGDCA in 2012 and BVoc (in retail and hospitality/tourism sectors) in 2017. Also in the year 2017, elective courses in Psychology, Tour &Travel, Applied Arts, Painting and Sculpture were started. Dance and Education as elective courses have been introduced in 2018. 22 VGC Mandi was awarded the grade „A‟ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2014. The next accreditation is under process. The college has highly qualified and experienced faculty members, actively involved in disseminating knowledge and skills to the students. The college has well-developed facilities for effective teaching-learning environment. All the laboratories viz, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geography, Music, Language, IT and Education Technology are well-furnished. Over the years, the college has shown consistently good results as compared to HPU pass percentage. The college has a study centre of IGNOU.
- To produce competent, quality conscious students.
- To develop functionally suitable and conducive environment for students and staff for academic purpose.
- To develop the departments into the centre of excellence.
- To develop post graduate centres for all branches.
- To implement Effective & Efficient Teaching–Learning practices.
- To increase percentage of campus placements.
- To strengthen industry institute interaction.
- Help students for personality development and career guidance.
- To develop the students and staff to get international Acclamation.
- To develop an e-learning campus.
Statutory Declaration under the RTI act 2005
Section 4 (1) (b) of RTI Act 2005 covers the statutory declaration of Vallabh Govt. College, Mandi. Website :https://www.vgcmandi.co.in/
Our college is recognized by Govt. of Himachal Pradesh and Affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University. It runs as per the rules and regulations made by Govt. from time to time.
The college has different cells or committees to maintain all types of discipline in the in the campus. All the cells or committees of the institutions as per the statutory provisions. The applications under the RTI Act along with a postal order/demand draft for Rs. 10.00 obtained in favour of Principal, Vallabh Govt. College. This application may be sent to the Public Information Officer (PIO) or handed over in his/her office. All information about the college is open for the public and it can it obtained by citizens of India.
Name, designations and other particulars of Public Information Officers