Why Career Counselling………..???
Career can be briefly defined as the path of an individual during his education and work. In the past, it was normal for an individual to choose only one profession for his lifetime, for instance teacher, banker, civil servant, doctor etc. But, with the advancement in technology and rapid changes in market, this is not possible anymore. People may require to change their working places and professions more often. Because of this, the term profession has become very static to be used and is replaced with the term ‘career’ which the progress and actions one have taken throughout the working years of life, especially related to occupation. A career could define what you do for a living and range from those that require extensive training and education. A career could mean working as a doctor, lawyer, teacher, carpenter, veterinary assistant, electrician, cashier, teacher or hairstylist.
Objectives of Career counselling cell :
- The students have to be made aware of their basic personal prerequisites, abilities, assets, liabilities and potentialities; hence they have to be made aware about their own positive points and negative points.
- Effective, meaningful and significant information has to be provided to them in solution of their problems.
- The students should learn how to scrutinize their weaknesses and then overcoming them; the role of the career counselling cell is to help them how to choose their career on their own and not suggesting them the one.
- Students may also need counselling and guidance services for appropriate, satisfying and interesting educational choices.
- Students should be guided to identify their flaws and inconsistencies in the field of education and improve upon their learning. They should be guided in a manner to promote effectiveness.
CAREER COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE CELL
Committee Members (2022-23)
||Ms. Neelam Gaur, Associate Professor
||Dr. Monika Panchani, Associate Professor
||Dr. Chaman Lal, Assistant Professor
||Ms. Shikha Kapur, Assistant Professor
||Dr. Bandana Devi, Assistat Professor
||Ms. Jyotsna, Assistant Professor
||Ms. Vipasha Kashyap, Assistant Professor
||Ms. Heena, Assistant Professor
||Mr. Bhed Ram, Assistant Professor
AWARENESS PROGRAMME ON FINANCIAL and EASY LOANING 2020-21
Seminar on Career and Opportunities and Avenues 2020-21
Interactive Session On Basic and Advanced Level IT 2020-21
Three days workshop On Career Opportunities In T 2020-21
Awareness Programme On Importance of Information 2020-21
Awareness Programme On Importance Of IT 2021-22
Placement Drive 2021-22
Interactive Session 2021-22
Placement Drive in Retail ManagementFor B VOC 2022-23
Smart Sale Programme 2022-23
Workshop On Career Opportunists In Tourism 2022-23
Workshop On Spoken English 2022-23
Workshop On Stress Management and Personality Dev 2022-23
Employment Fair For Placement 2022-23