BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application)
Vallabh Government College Mandi established in 1948, and BCA programme started in 2001. Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate degree programme in computer applications. With the rapid growth of IT industry in India and worldwide, the demand of computer professional is increasing day by day. This increasing growth of IT industry has created a lot of opportunities for the computer graduates. BCA is one of the popular course among the students who want to make their career in the IT (information Technology) field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer.
BCA is a three-year full-time degree course divided across six semesters. Admission to the BCA degree of HPU is based on both merit and entrance. To be eligible for the admissions, candidates must have to complete their 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 40% marks as an aggregate.
BCA Admission Guidelines
For the subsidized category, the admission is based on a competitive examination/merits of 10+2 marks.
Admission based on
Entrance Exam/Merit of 10+2 marks
Marks scored in +2 or equivalent examination
The competitive exam will consist of the following parts namely
- Mathematics - 40%
- Logical Ability - 40%
- General Awareness - 20%
For the non-subsidized category, the admission is based on marks scored in the 10+2 exam passed. There will be no reservation and no competitive exam for non-subsidized seats.
Admit cards will be issued to the candidates attending the entrance exam. The merit list will be prepared separately for both subsidized and unsubsidized categories.
- Candidates need to visit the following websites of the VGC Mandi e.i. http/www.vgcmandi.co.in
- Candidates are required to read the instructions for filling in the application form carefully.
- The candidate has to register himself/herself by creating a new account.
- Candidates should fill in their personal details, educational qualification, and contact details.
- The candidate has to attach his/her photo and signature as per the specifications given in the application form.
- Click on the “Click and save” option to save all the filled-in details.
- Online payment can be made through one of the following credit/Debit cards, Net banking, e-Challan.
- On completing the payment, the candidate is required to click on the “Submit application form” button to finally submit the application for the BCA course.
- Candidates are advised to take printouts of the application form and the e-receipt for future reference.
- The registration number and other required details will be sent to the registered mail id and the mobile number.