Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)(CBCS)
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) is an undergraduate degree course spread over three years.
A candidate who has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination can get admission in the 1st year of three years degree course of B.Sc. if he/she fulfills the following eligibility conditions :
- An applicant must not be more than 23 years of age (25 yrs. in case of girl students) on 1-07-11. The upper age limit is relaxable by three years for SC/ST candidates.
- Minimum percentage of marks for admission to the 1st year of B.Sc. is 45%.
- An applicant seeking admission in B.Sc. 1st year must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- In case of S.C. and S.T. candidates the minimum percentage of marks for admission to B.Sc. 1st is relax able by 5%.
- Students coming from vocational streams without Mathematics/Economics/Biology as the case may be can be admitted if they possess the required minimum percentage for admission.
Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA): A Pioneering Compass
Higher education needs to be viewed as a long-term social investment for the promotion of economic growth, cultural development, social cohesion, equity and justice. The globalization era has necessitated inculcation of competitive spirit at all levels. This can be achieved only by bringing quality of higher standards to every sphere of work. Therefore, the quality of higher education has become a major concern today and need an ambitious program to revamp the higher education sector in the country.
A new Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) has been introduced from the academic session 2013-14 by the State Govt. under RUSA. In present times, this program gradually taking its pace and opening new horizons to give impetus in making the youth more powerful by choosing their choice based subjects for study.
This program comprises of four basic components viz. Compulsory Courses, Core Courses, Elective Courses and General Interest and Hobby Courses. It is an instructional package developed to suit the needs of students to keep tempo with the developments in higher education worldwide. It takes the student out of isolated compartmentalized learning environment which clearly indicates for each level of certification learning effort required on the part of the student in terms of credits to be earned as well as participation in instructional hours to be spent through either regular mode or through distance education mode. The student in this system has considerable freedom in choosing courses and so making his/her own personalized program/bouquet in a cafeteria mode keeping in mind necessary requirements of a major course. Except for the compulsory and core courses of the subject of his/her major, he/she is free to choose courses of his/her choice. The program is considered completed when the student cumulates the requisite number of successful credits (passed), i.e. at least 120 credits for an undergraduate degree. While faculty of 3rd year is the only course running on the old pattern for the session 2014-15.
||Name of the Program/Course
||Medium of Instruction