Master's Degree in Arts (M.A.)
The college offers post graduate courses in the subjects of English, Commerce, Economics, Hindi, Mathematics and Political Science. The number of seats in each subject are 35 including 10 seats reserved for various categories.
- An applicant who is placed in compartment in B.A/B.Com/B.Sc. III examination is not eligible for Degree in the Master's Degree in the subject in which he/she has been placed in compartment.
- A boy student who has attained the age of 26 years on 1st July 2012 (upper age limit is raised to 29 years for ST/SC Candidates) and girl student who has attained 28 years on 1st July 2012 shall not be admitted in the college. The Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to permit age relaxation upto a maximum period of 6 months for reasons to be recorded in writing However, the age bar shall not apply in the case of candidates in service nominated by the Government of H.P).
- A candidate who fails in 1st semester may be permitted to join 2nd semester but he/she shall not be permitted to proceed from 1st semester to 2nd semester without appearing in the examination.
- At the time of 1st semester examination, the candidate may appear along with the 2nd semester papers (if the University rules otherwise permit), but the student shall not be permitted to proceed from 3rd semester to the 4th semester without appearing in the examination.
- The admission of a student migrating from another University shall be treated as provisional and shall be confirmed only when he/she produces the migration certificate and character certificate from the Head of the Institution last Attended.
- The admission will be made purely on merit except where otherwise mentioned, subject to the number of seats available and the reservation as per University rules/ roster.
Candidates who have passed B.A/B.Sc./B.Com/B.se (Agri), B.Sc (Home Science), B.Sc (Engg.) M.B.B.S./B.A./M.S/G.A.M.S./B. Pharma/B.T. or B.Ed./B.Lib. Sc./Vashistha Degree of a university established by law in India with at least second division (50% marks) in aggregate or 45% marks or honors in the subject in sought, are eligible.
A candidate who has passed B.A Pass course examination with atleast 45% marks in public Administration or Sociology shall be eligible for admission to M.A. in Political Science. Relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility for admission is given to the SC/ST candidate.
COURSE STRUCTURE FOR POST GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMME
- M.A (English)
- M.A (Hindi)
- M.A (Political Science)
- M.A (Economics)
The information provided is illustrative/assistance purpose only. For concise information Contact Office or download PDF version of VGC Prospectus.