Master's Degree in Science (M.Sc.)
The college offers post graduate course in Mathematics. The number of seats are 35 including 10 seats reserved for various categories.
- An applicant who is placed in compartment in B.A/B.Com/B.Sc. III examination is not eligible for Degree in the Master's Degree in the subject in which he/she has been placed in compartment.
- A boy student who has attained the age of 26 years on 1st July 2012 (upper age limit is raised to 29 years for ST/SC Candidates) and girl student who has attained 28 years on 1st July 2012 shall not be admitted in the college. The Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to permit age relaxation upto a maximum period of 6 months for reasons to be recorded in writing However, the age bar shall not apply in the case of candidates in service nominated by the Government of H.P)
- A candidate who fails in 1st semester may be permitted to join 2nd semester but he/she shall not be permitted to proceed from 1st semester to 2nd semester without appearing in the examination.
- At the time of 1st semester examination, the candidate may appear along with the 2nd semester papers (if the University rules otherwise permit), but the student shall not be permitted to proceed from 3rd semester to the 4th semester without appearing in the examination.
- The admission of a student migrating from another University shall be treated as provisional and shall be confirmed only when he/she produces the migration certificate and character certificate from the Head of the Institution last Attended.
- The admission will be made purely on merit except where otherwise mentioned, subject to the number of seats available and the reservation as per University rules/ roster.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS AND ENTRANCE TEST
The admission will be made purely on merit except where otherwise mentioned, subject to the number of seals available and the reservation as per University rules/ roster.
There shall be an entrance test and
admission to M.Sc. (Maths) will be made stricty on the basis of marks obtained in it and previous/past academic record of the candidate
.The entrance test shall be of 100 marks and 30 marks are for academic record of the student.
Written test shall be of multiple choice questions (MCQ) in nature based on the B.Sc.I, II, III (Pass course) syllabus in maths prescribed by H.P.U. There will be 100 questions of one mark each. The duration of the test will be 2 hours.
The break-up of 30 marks for the past academic record will be as under.
- Matric or equivalent examination - 10% of the percentage of marks obtained.
- +2 or equivalent examination - 10% of the percentage of marks obtained.
- B.A./B.Sc - 10 % of the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate.
COURSE STRUCTURE FOR M.SC. (MATHEMATICS)
Ordinary Differential Equations
Partial Differential Equations
Analytic Number Theory
Operation Research -ll
Advanced Discreet Mathematics
Magnets Fluid Dynamics
The information provided is illustrative/assistance purpose only. For concise information Contact Office or download PDF version of VGC Prospectus.